Cluj Quant Challenge - 2018
WorldQuant is excited to partner with Universitatea Babes-Bolyai Cluj-Napoca in conducting the Cluj Quant Challenge. This competition will allow students at Universitatea Babes-Bolyai Cluj-Napoca to learn about quantitative finance and test their skills in building alphas—mathematical models that seek to predict price movements in financial markets.
The competition will begin on November 20th with a hands-on training session to take place on campus. Participants will have three weeks to work with WebSim, WorldQuant’s web-based market simulation platform to compete for potential cash awards to be distributed by Universitatea Babes-Bolyai Cluj-Napoca at their discretion.
You can learn more and register for your WebSim account by visiting www.WorldQuantVRC.com. Be sure to include your university in your profile in order to participate!
Cluj Quant Challenge Rules
- The Cluj Quant Challenge is organized and administered by Universitatea Babes-Bolyai Cluj-Napoca (UBB) and will run from November 19, 2018, 00:00 UTC through December 10, 2018, 23:59 UTC (the “Quant Challenge Period”).
- The top scorer in the Cluj Quant Challenge, based solely on qualifying alphas submitted during the Cluj Quant Challenge Period, may receive a cash prize of USD $500 to be distributed by UBB at its discretion.
- The second ranked scorer, based solely on qualifying alphas submitted during the Quant Challenge Period, may receive a cash prize of USD $300 to be distributed by UBB at its discretion.
- The third ranked top scorer, based solely on qualifying alphas submitted during the Quant Challenge Period, may receive a cash prize of USD $200 to be distributed by UBB at its discretion.
- The payment of all of the above prizes will be subject to applicable withholdings as required by applicable laws and regulations. Limit one (1) prize per person. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted by winners. Each winner may be required to fill out and deliver an affidavit certifying certain information about them.
- Rankings will be based on a participant’s total score, which may go up or down depending upon the performance of the alphas on most recent data.
- In the event of a tie in more than one participants’ total scores, the internal VRC team will assign ranks based on average alpha performance among other factors.
- A snapshot of alphas will be taken as of the close of the Cluj Quant Challenge , which will be used for final scoring.
- All participants must be registered WebSim users eighteen (18) years of age or older and not prohibited by any legal obligation or college/university, employer or other policy from participating in the Cluj Quant Challenge